The other day I had a discussion with my coworker. I told her that I had spent two hours in the weekend on translating an open source app. She couldn’t see the use of it and that’s why I explained:
- Localised apps make them more accessible to a broad audience.
- Providing translations is a great way to become a part of the community of a project.
- It is great to contribute to the programs you use everyday for free.
- You get to dive deep in the app and learn more about parts you maybe never used.
- It won’t cost you much time.
- Translating is fun!
Some of these points have been flogged to death, I am aware of that. Still it is nice to give a concise overview.